It only takes 15-20 minutes in the evening to have these snacks in my backpack the next morning. No baking required.
50g or 1 cup of puffed amaranth
150g or 1 cup of dried plums
6 tablespoons of water
4 tablespoons of xylitol
- Toast the walnuts quickly on a sandwich grill or in a hot dry pan.
- Put the walnuts and the plums in a food processor and pulse 3-5 times.
- Mix the xylitol and the 3 tablespoons of boling water in a glass until clear.
- Now goes the puffed amaranth into the mixer, two pulses and you can pour the xylitol syrup in there, too. Mix until a sticky paste forms.
- Smooth the mixture abount 0.5-1 centimeter thick in a baking form previously lined with baking paper. Ply the paper over the muesli bars, apply some pressure (e.g. a big pot) and leave to cool overnight.
- Slice it with a sharp knife in the morning. I usually use the baking paper to wrap them up as neat little packages.