Ingredients for 6 pieces:
50g buckwheat (flour)*
60g white rice flour
140g brown rice flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
a pinch of ground cinnamon
60g coconut oil
*Buckwheat flour I usually grind myself in a small coffee mill.
Please remember that I do not use measurements in grams and not cups to annoy you but to make my recipes precise and reproducible. Trust me, it is worth investing in a kitchen scale: The Gluten Free Girl and The Gluten Free Vegan Girl also agree. 😉
- Mix liquid ingredients: coconut oil and water. Heat slightly if coconut oil is solid.
- Combine solid ingredients in a mixing bowl: flours, cinnamon, baking soda, stevia powder.
- Pour liquids to solids and work through well. Set aside to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Time to heat your waffle iron machine and oil it with some coconut oil. I noticed that it’s very important with this batter that you oil the waffle every single time you pour in a new portion!
- It takes more time for these waffles to be done compared to ones made with eggs. You may think that they stuck to the waffle iron but be patient: once ready they will let go. 🙂
These waffles contain approx. 31g CH/serving.