To be honest, I developed a bundt cake recipe with carrots and apples almost 2 years ago now (which I still need to translate), so I thought this cocoa bundt cake wouldn’t be a big fuss. Well, it took me 6 times to be fully satisfied with the result. 🙂 The first ones were also nice, I just had to make some slight adjustmenst to its texture.
100g or 0.75 cup millet flour
1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
I do measurements in grams because it is a lot more precise than working with cups. Trust me, it is worth investing in a kitchen scale: The Gluten Free Girl and The Gluten Free Vegan Girl also agree. 😉
- Grease your bundt cake form in a thin layer with coconut oil and sprinkle with rice flour. Preheat the convection oven to 160C/320F.
- Peels the apple and cut it into small cubes. Steam the apple cubes in the 50 ml of water.
- In a bowl, mix the flours with the cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and pinch of salt.
- Once the apple cubes are soft, put them in a food processor or blender with some rice milk and blend until smooth. Mix in the coconut oil: let it melt if it was solid before. Now por in the remaining liquids: olive oil, vanille extract, vinegar, sweetener/stevia.
- In 2-3 portions, combine the liquid mixture with the flours and pour the dough in the baking mold. Bake it until a needle comes out clean of your bundt cake: approx. 30-40 minutes.
I hope I managed to be in time with recipe for Easter weekend, if you feel like some cocoa bundt cake. 🙂
If you liked this recipe, please don’t forget to subscribe to my updates via email!