So, who loves nourishing vegetable soups in this time of year? I surely do. It’s not always easy to use fresh vegeratables that are in season during wintertime. This vegan soup is a good example for a hearty, nourishing yet simple vegetable soup that is easily available during wintertime.
200g white beans, soaked overnight
1/4 of a smaller cabbage (kb. 300g)
1.2 l vegetable stock*
200g canned peeled tomatoes
1 dried tomato conserved in oil
1 medium red onion
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Cut the onion to small cubes and press the garlic clove.
- Add the onions to the oil and stir until golden brown. In the meantime, dice the tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes and beans, pour in vegetable stock (or dry veggie mix and hot water) and bring to a boil.
- Beans need more time to cook, so wait for 10 minutes before adding cabbage stripes and kolhrabi cubes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Let simmer for another 10 minutes and there you go: a big bowl of tasty ribollita!
- If you wish, you can add some texture to this soup by blending a portion of it.
This is a very simple soup: no special ingredients or any kitchen magic, still a meal to enjoy! That’s what I love about Italian quisine. By the way, this soup is also gluten- dairy-, egg-free and vegan, without any special efforts. Enjoy!
The whole soup contains approx. 154g carbs, this makes 20-25g CH/serving.