Ingredients for 4 servings:
approx. 650g chicken breast
1 red onion
2 ripe tomatoes
1 teaspoon of curry powder
50g rasped coconut/coconut flakes
approx. 300 ml coconut milk (store bought or home made)
220g brown rice
- Start by rinsing the brown rice and start boiling it in salty water approx. 1.5x its volume.
- Clean and dice the chicken breast and add some salt.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and fry the chicken breast cubes until golden brown, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Dice the onion and tomatoes. Add some more coconut oil to the pan and fry the onion cubes over medium heat until translucent. Add the diced tomatoes, coconut flakes and curry powder.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken, add the chicken cubes back to the pan, mix well and pour in coconut milk until the desired consistency is reached. Boil once and ready to serve!
I hope you enjoyed this quick post and come back for more in the future. 🙂