Ingredients for approx. 12 muffins:
approx. 250-300g pumpkin, grated
100g ground poppy seeds
100g millet flour
50g buckwheat flour
110g brown rice flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice mixture (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg)
1/2 teaspoon of stevia powder
pinch of salt
50g butter or coconut oil
2 large eggs or 2 tablespoons of flaxmeal + 4 tablespoons of water for a vegan option
1 teaspoon of orange extract
I use a small coffee/spice mill to grind millet and buckwheat flours.
- Start heating butter or coconut oil over low heat. When melted, add water, (flax) eggs and orange extract.
- Clean and grate pumpkin using a fine rasp: I highly recommend doing this with a food processor.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: millet, buckwheat and brown rice flours, salt, stevia powder, baking soda, spices and ground poppy seed.
- Work liquids in the solid mix: this should result a thick, pancake-like batter. Fold grated pumpkin into muffin batter and divide into muffin molds. (My molds are rather biggish, and I usually make 13 muffins of this batter.)
- Bake at 180 C / 360 F for 20-25 minutes.
Leave a Reply