60g or 1/2 cup of pistachos, peeled
40g or 1/4 cup of almonds, blanched, sliced
50g or 1 cup of amaranth or quinoa, puffed
6 tablespoons of water
4 tablespoons of xylitol (40g)
150g or 1 cup of dried apricots
- After cleaning the pistachos, put them in the food processor along with the almond slices.
- Pour in the apricots, as well, and pulse a couple of times.
- Add the xylitol to hot water and stir until fully dissolved.
- Transfer the puffed quinoa/amaranth to the food processor. Mix until fairly homogenized.
- Add the xylitol syrup to the food processor and process well until a the mixture becomes smooth & sticky.
- Line the loaf form with baking paper and smooth the mixture abount 0,5-1 centimeter thick. Ply the paper over the muesli bars, apply some pressure (e.g. a big pot) and leave to cool overnight.
- Slice it with a sharp knife in the morning. I usually use the baking paper to wrap them up as neat little packages.