2. Take the nuts out of the hot oven and pour them on a clean kitchen towel immediately. Fold the kitchen towel over the nuts and rub them between the towel sheets to remove their roasted peel.
3. Put the hazelnuts and the coconut oil In a measuring cup that is suitable to use with a hand mixer. If solid, the coconut oil should melt mixed in with hazelnuts. Blend this mixture to a smooth paste.
4. Cut the chocolate to small pieces and mix them to the hot oily mix, blend well.
5. Mix in the coconut milk powder, to thicken your spread, and there you go: sugar-, dairy-, soy-free, vegan nutella!
Hello, you recipe looks wonderful and I’d like to give it a try.
Just a few questions.
1) Can I use whole milk instead of coconut milk powder? If so, how much?
2) can I use honey or maple syrup for the liquid sweetener.
you can use whole milk powder, not milk instead of coconut milk powder and honey or maple syrup should be fine.
Barbara Anderson says
Hello, I want to give this as holiday gifts! Was wondering how long it keeps? I have glad jars to put them in.
It keeps for weeks, you can make them today! 🙂